Thorn (sometimes stylized Þ) is an Altean vigilante who operates in Jetsam City.
Loxa was born to two Agorite refugees, Þalrē Hagan and Þalrē Emelye, on the dawn of 11 June, 2772ADW. She was designated male at birth, and given the name Hitomi by her parents.
Loxa was homeschooled, her parents Around the age of 9, Loxa realized she was no longer comfortable identifying as male. Her foster parents handled , and she was given herbal supplements which delayed some of the secondary effects of puberty. Despite their eagerness to help, they did occasionally make mistakes
Meeting Alistair Ethridge
In 2788, Thorn first encountered Alistair Ethridge, an acrobat who had run away from Roybal's Travelling Circus after his mother fell to her death. While on patrol, Thorn noticed members of the Grawlix Gang following him through an alleyway, and she prepared to intervene. However, Ethridge was instead able to use his acrobatic skill to dispatch the gang members. Thorn sat by, admiring his fighting style from afar and realizing he didn't need her help.
After encountering him a second time, she realized he was willingly seeking out these gang members. She decided to introduce herself. They talked, and learned that his mother's death was connected to mob activity
The two eventually began a romantic relationship, and used their passion to combat crime more effectively, moving as one and dropping enemies before they knew what had hit them. Loxa later recalled Alistair as the first person she had ever loved, and Alistair would recall the same about her.
As the two grew older, they began to form different worldviews.
Meeting Sephina Valeforth
On the night of 27 May, 2794, the Queen's consort Prince Phil Sephina Valeforth was. Though Thorn had saved the royal family, the Queen continued to denounce the vigilante as a rogue force and a psychopath.
The Great Escape
On 6 June, 2804, 261 inmates were broken out of Her Majesty's Prison, 10 kilometers north of Jetsam City. This was concurrent with other prison breakouts throughout the world, most notably the breakouts in Weskers Island Penitentiary, Crown City.
Forming Thorn International
Thorn had already met real estate mogul Donovan King a few times before 2804, but she had no idea his list of bad deeds ran so far beyond
- Regenerative Healing Factor: When exposed to moonlight or when drawing off her power reserves, Loxa has the ability to heal at a much faster and more efficient rate than normal humans. Her body can heal from severe and even fatal injuries such as a bullet to the head.
- Self-Sustenance: Loxa can also use moonlight as a food source, making eating an optional activity.
- Flight (Full Moon Only): When sufficiently charged on nights of the full moon, Thorn can gain the ability to fly. Because she has so little practice with the skill, her flight is often clumsy and manifests as more of a super-jump.
- Master Archer: Loxa is an extremely skilled archer, able to precisely hit targets from great distances. She can shoot objects off of people without harming them, and retain her accuracy even while moving rapidly. She can also anticipate an enemy projectile to block it with an arrow and fire multiple arrows at once. Throughout her career as a vigilante, word quickly spread that Loxa never misses.
- Weapons Mastery: In addition to her bow, Loxa is well trained in use of other weapons, able to fight with knives, swords, guns and many more to defeat her enemies.
- Acrobatics/Free-Running: Loxa is an accomplished acrobat, capable of scaling buildings, and running from rooftop to rooftop with ease. She is maneuverable and graceful, able to pursue and outrun a target in various types of terrains. Her skills allow him to fluidly dodge and attack from different directions without losing balance.
- Multilingual: Loxa is capable of fluently speaking Altean, Beauton, Kep, Old Kanan, and Agoric.
- Daytime: During the day, Loxa cannot absorb moonlight and must operate using her reserve stores. This weakness was permanently removed after the Altean Eclipse of 2805, changing Loxa's body chemistry to allow her to process sunlight in addition to moonlight.
- Lunar Eclipses: A lunar eclipse will not only prevent Loxa from charging, but will drain the stores of moonlight energy she already possesses.
- Solar Eclipses: While exposure to a solar eclipse will boost her powers exponentially, it will also drive her insane as her healing factor runs rampant on her brain.
- Farside Metal: When wounded with weapons made of farside metal, Loxa's regenerative factor will ignore the wound and she will recover at the same rate a normal human would, complete with scarring.
- Thorn was one of the first characters created for Agra, first being created